Firstly, please ensure that you have resolved the following issues. If you do not have any of these issues, please continue with step 2 below.
- Problem with AutoInvest Application Settings
AutoInvest application needs to run normally in your VM. It might fail to execute signals if any of these happens:
1. AutoInvest is closed, logged out or stopped running in your VM for any reason.*
2. AutoInvest is not connected or has lost the connection to your brokerage account. In the case of IB, you also have to make sure that your IB Gateway has been set up properly and is running in your VM.
- Problematic Account Settings
Some settings on your brokerage account might prevent AutoInvest from trading. For example:
1. You do not turn on the specific trading permissions for your IB account. Please refer to How to Setup IB Trading Permission? article
2. You need to complete some forms in your brokerage platform, e.g: new terms and conditions, new questionnaire, acknowledgement on new trading requirement, etc.
3. Your capital is insufficent to open up any trades. Do note that IB will require minimum 2000 USD (approx 3500 SGD) to trade.
4. Your account type is CASH and you are trading in stock denominated in different currency. e.g. USD trading in SGD account. Refer to How to upgrade to Margin Account article to resolve.
5. You need to confirm your mobile number
Click on 'Access your VM' to launch your Virtual Machine.
On the right hand corner of the screen, click on 'Place Order' and key in according to the notification you received of the missed signal to manually enter the position.
If you are missing an exit signal, you may click 'Close' to manually exit the position.